Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Sack Lunch Conspiracy

Were you ever the kid sitting at the lunch table, with a smashed and slightly stained brown paper bag sitting forlornly in front of you, while all around you your friends were triumphantly crowing over the glorious icing covered cinnamon roll sitting like a sticky gooey present in the middle of their hot lunch tray? Were you ever that kid, dejectedly opening their lunch bag, embarrassed to pull out the homemade-with-love-this-morning-now-smashed-by-an-apple-into-something-resembling-a-pancake-pb&j sandwich on white bread? Furtively looking around to see for the one person lower in the lunchroom hierarchy than you -- the poor kid whose mom made their sandwich on wheat bread?


Were you ever that kid?


Well, that's how I'm feeling. Everyone I know has an awesome entertaining blog. A blog with cinnamon sweetness rolled up in it and luscious icing dripping over the top. A blog that other people look forward to checking and reading and laughing and commenting on. And to be honest, I really want a cinnamon roll.


Really, I LIKE half of Fruit Roll-up in my lunch. A whole Fruit Roll-up would just be too much. But enough is enough. And so, this is my blog. Welcome.

7 comments:

Kate said...

About time!!! I figured you would have succumbed to blogging a long time ago. But like a half of a fruit roll-up- a whole one will come in time. So what I'm saying is- welcome to the world of whole fruit roll-ups, where people, at least me, look forward to your clever posts every day.

Marianne said...

Yea! My first comment!

Nanette said...

Yea! I'm so proud of you! If I loved closer, I would personally bake you a cinnamon roll

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Hooray! A tasty blog with sprinkles on top!!

D.Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D.Johnson said...

I had school lunch 90% of the time. The other 10% would place me in a lower social strata than you regular sack lunch kids. Because we rarely brought our lunch from home we never had normal brown bags. I was forced to take my lunch in the large brown paper grocery bags or the plastic grocery bags. I dreaded lunch on those days.