Wednesday, April 9, 2008

what would ringo do?

A popular talking point among pundits is the education (or lack thereof) of America's children. I just want to assure you that my kids are getting a complete and well-rounded education. The Middle and Youngest Carrotstick have not only mastered multiplication and division, and reading (respectively) this year, but they have also learned the names of the Beatles, and all the lyrics to Blue Suede Shoes.

If I can talk the Middle Carrotstick into it, I'll try to post a video of him singing Blue Suede Shoes. His teacher at school has even tried to teach them Elvis approved actions. At least it's not "If we hold on together. . . . ." a la Diana Ross. If I have to hear a bunch of little kids singing that again at the Littlest Carrotstick's kindergarten graduation, I might just throw up.

I know I sleep better at night knowing that the leaders of tomorrow are so well-prepared for the challenges of the future. Cause it's one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready now go, cat, go . . .

No comments: