Sunday, May 3, 2009

sisters sisters


Remember how I told you the Oldest Carrotstick and I went to visit my sister Competitive Kate in Chicago last month?

We really had a great time. I am going to do a "best of" post one of these days. I just haven't gotten around to it, what with 3 kids in soccer, 3 kids in piano, 1 kid in baseball (so far), 1 kid in dance, and church stuff, things have been a little busy.

But here is a picture from our trip -- my sister and the Oldest Carrotstick at the Rockefeller Chapel at the University of Chicago. I was 11 when Kate was born. Kate was 12 when the Oldest Carrotstick was born. Kate says the Oldest Carrotstick is the little sister she always wanted.

For that reason, I like this picture of these two "sisters" in matchy-matchy red jackets. They are both so cute.

Out of curiousity, what color would you say Kate's hair is? Here's a close up.

(I do dearly love to tease my baby sister!)

3 comments:

Kate said...

speaking of the color of my hair, I will be a true blond again come Saturday morning. Booya!

P.S. Thanks for picking out the most squinty half smile picture ever. Call me, I'll send you a glamor shot.

Farm Girl said...

Red! Her hair is red!! That is an awfully cute picture of two cute girls in their very cute red jackets. Speaking of red, I really like your sunglasses.

Nanette said...

Red just like the rest of us Harvey's, obviously! She looks so chic!
And WHAT have you done to YOUR little girl? She's way mod and stylin' and all grown up! What's up with that,huh?