Tuesday, March 25, 2008

do you know the number for 911?

After we got back from Hawaii, the Littlest Carrotstick suddenly had bright red cheeks. But no fever. Then he got a rash on his body. But still no fever. A week later and the Middle Carrotstick is starting to have the same symptoms. Last night, it came to me that maybe they they had Fifth Disease. (Sorry for exposing your kids to it, Nan and Sheri.)

But be not afraid, gentle reader. After researching it a little on the internet, I was happy to discover that Fifth Disease is nothing serious. I also discovered that the medical profession utilizes some highly technical identification and classification procedures. See below:
I don't know for sure, but (sniff sniff) I think I might (itch itch) be coming down with (cough cough) Seventeenth Disease.

Or maybe One Hundred and Sixty Eighth Disease . . .

Maybe a good blood-letting would help.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I think we're ok. Real colds here.

Farm Girl said...

Ah, I believe this is a case for leaches-or perhaps cupping. Where have all the classic medical practices gone?

Farm Girl said...

Last year one of our camp leaders freaked us out when she told us she had scarlett fever. I had a mild panic attack imagining making those phone calls to all the kids over-protective parents.

Anonymous said...

What good are cousins if you can't share germs, dogs, and fishing trips- sorry about the trailer add from my biggest child- it actually wasn't meant for pb&j - he wants that bad boy for himself- what is he thinking? I personally am suffering from 0200 disease- its symptoms include staying up until unlawful hours-