Tuesday, November 11, 2008

trading treats tuesday

I had it all planned.

I was going to celebrate teaching your kids Life Skills. 'Cause yesterday I made the Oldest Carrotstick fold her mountain of laundry -- much to her chagrin. So I didn't feel all cranky and cross when I went into her room this morning and saw all her freshly washed a folded clothes like this:
instead of nice and neat in her drawers. I wasn't at all irritated, because she had only wasted her time and not mine, on laundry day.

And I was also going to celebrate the good doctor's pronouncement that the Middle Carrotstick does not require surgery.

But when I checked my Google Reader today, I found this,

And then I knew I had to celebrate Good Friends instead on this Trading Treats Tuesday.


I was going to wax all poetic and say something about how great it is to have good friends. Something really awesomely profound.


Good Friends are a special Treat.

Finding them can be a Feat.

And holding on can be impossible

Especially when they go buy a new house and move away.



Then I realistically thought of the chances I had of writing a really good poem, thought better of it, and wrote a bad poem on purpose.



But, just so you know, the badness of the poem is not an indication of my extremely high regard for Good Friends -- and for all Friends (not just those who've moved away!)



Cheers!

What's your treat today?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

My treat today? Veterans -- specifically being married to one. Lauren asked today "Was Dad in World War I or II?" I never thought my parents were ancient, but apparently my kids think theirs are.

kninsa said...

I have so much respect for you, lunch lady. We all love you so much, and everything you represent about what makes people good and worthwhile.

Shem said...

Just think... "away" is much closer with the internet!

My belated treat is having that new house sprayed for Spiders! YUCK.

Allyson said...

My belated treat is having a truly clean apartment - thanks to BYU approved housing mandatory cleaning checks!