It was very hard to remember the details of my past for this Tag. I must have long term memory issues. And I think I have short term memory problems too. All-in-all, it just proves that my life is really pretty boring. Try not to yawn too frequently as you read this.
Now, with all my disclaimers disclaimed, the Tag:
20 Years Ago. . .
1. I was 15, a Young Woman, and just beginning my Junior year.
2. I had just been to Europe.
3. I went on an East Coast/Church History trip with my family.
4. I had a Twix bar and a Cherry Pepsi almost everyday for lunch.
10 Years Ago...
1. I had a little three-year-old who really wanted to Be In Charge.
2. I commenced and graduated from BYU, 8 months pregnant, and 8 years after I started.
3. My little brother married Ubermom. Their colors were sage and peach. I was 8 months pregnant, round and ripe. I wore peach. And looked like a peach.
4. I had grand dreams that someday I would get it together enough to be a Good Mom.
5 Years Ago...
1. The Oldest Carrotstick had just been baptized, the Middle Carrotstick was 4, and the Littlest Carrotstick was 1.
2. I hiked (or rather PB&J dragged me) to the top of Timp.
3. My brother and Ubermom decided to share a kidney. (And not for dinner, may I add.) It was successful.
4. We went camping in Jackson, WY so we could visit my sisters. We were not eaten by bears.
3 Years Ago...
1. My baby sister, Competitive Kate, got married.
2. I had to put our first family dog down. It was hard.
3. I conquered the ropes course at Aspen Grove. I only elvis-ed a little when I scaled the wall. (Elvis-ing is a highly technical climbing term for the adrenaline that rushes through your body causing you (or your extremities) to shake uncontrollably, i.e.: Elvis's crazy leg.)
4. I was in Young Womens. Alas, no longer as a Young Woman, now as an Old Leader.
1 Year Ago...
1. I was in Primary.
2. Then I was in Relief Society.
3. I went on a handcart trek.
4. I got a new piano. Someday I will really learn how to play it.
So far this year I...
1. Have been to Hawaii.
2. Road tripped with my mom and sisters
3. Am back in Young Womens.
4. Forced myself to leave the Littlest Carrotstick at school on the first day of First Grade.
1. Ate a fabulous peach. (It's much better to eat one than look like one.)
2. Went to the kids piano lessons.
3. Picked up kids from soccer.
4. Took the Oldest Carrotstick to dance.
1. Went shopping. Was very tempted to buy a bright red leather chair. Got control of myself just in time.
2. Took the Littlest Carrotstick to piano lessons.
3. Went to Young Womens and two soccer games. At the same time.
4. Am letting my kids stay up too late watching a movie. While I blog.
Tomorrow I will...
1. Regret that I let the kids stay up late.
2. Go to Back to School Night.
3. Drive to dance.
4. Clean. Do laundry. And clean some more.
In the next year I will....
1. Take the family to Florida.
2. Hopefully become a better teacher.
3. Attend many many more games/lessons/ practices/recitals.
4. Try to get at least one step closer to being the elusive Good Mom.
They say it is important you write down your goals. I usually try to avoid making any commitments like that, but there you go. So this Tag was worthwhile, but a little exhausting. I'm not used to thinking that hard. I'm sorry if I got any of the years wrong . It was totally unintentional. And I'm sorry if you were bored. And I am also sorry if I sound neurotic and insecure.
Really. I am. I'm sorry! Please don't hold my life against me.
With all that said, I would love to get a glimpse into your life! And so I tag: all of you. If you are reading this, accept the promptings and chronicle a little of your life for all the world to see. I look forward to seeing the skeletons in your closet!
peach picture by cava_cavien