Tuesday, July 15, 2008

summit

(please cue the triumphant sounding music)

It is official.

I have conquered Mount Laundry.

Otherwise known as L7.5 (or the laundry 5 people create, increasing exponentially and unchecked, for the last 7 days. However, it really should be L7.5+, because the Oldest Carrotstick changes outfits more times than a schizophrenic changes his/her/their mind.)

It took an entire day and more loads than I can count, but I can now see the dim light of day from the very high, oxygen deficient top of the folded clothes piles.

Hallelujah.

Now, if only I had a sherpa to pack all the piles away.


Laundry picture originally downloaded by catiedid242.

7 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

HALLELUJIA! I so hate the laundry monster that likes to take over-hope you had a great trip with the sisters- I am not sure how well I could handle that much "fun"-

miranda said...

I feel for you! I hate laundry day!

Melanie said...

Impressive! and inspiring. I have so much laundry to do, I probably shouldn't be blogging right now... Today we'll create Laundry Mountain and tomorrow we'll FOLD it. Yep, we only do fun things over the summer.

Kate said...

This is the surprise the fam had waiting for you when you got home? Bummer

The Hawkins said...

I tried to do all my laundry today. Then Tim's mom came and borrowed my fabric softner (my husband will not wear his clothes unless I use that). Not wanting to ask for it back, I got behind again. I need my mom to come do my laundry.

Janean said...

I hate laundry day too. You get done and I swear as fast as you see the bottom of the laundry basket it if full again. It is a nice feeling for about 5 minutes. It drives me crazy!

The Duvall Family said...

I feel your pain! I don't mind doing the laundry but I absolutely hate putting it away.